This is my last day spending my Second Life in my Golden Years. It’s been fun though, truth be told, my experience wasn’t that different. A couple of people said I looked cute or that it was refreshing to see, and asked where the avatar is from. Much like my time spent as a furry, there was no harassment or other unpleasant incidents or attitudes.
I hope your time in Second Life has been as pleasant as mine.
In 2011, I moved in and out of New Toulouse Bayou and had a wonderful time there, explored a lot of mainland, learned about land when I moved out of my Linden Home, learned more about scale and proportion and gave my avatar a shape makeover, moved my blog from its initial home at Tumblr to its current WordPress home, and am happy to find myself included in a few Second Life fashion feeds and recently in Hypergrid Business.
We saw a lot of changes in Second Life this year including the release of Firestorm from the makers of the popular Phoenix viewer and a new version of the official viewer, an increase in the number of groups we can belong to, the deployment of mesh, the expansion of premium membership benefits, and Linden Realms. We saw a lot of new stores and shopping events and some favorites such as Tiny Bird, PixelDolls, Indie Rose, and Fifty Linden Friday say goodbye. No doubt next year will be just as exciting.
I hope you have a wonderful and safe New Year’s. May 2012 be full of joy and prosperity!
- Eyes: la vie makeup in silver by label mode
- Lashes: Black by Tuli
- Cheeks: Rosy cheeks 2 by Tuli
- Lips: Elusive lips in red by Tuli
- Nails: Black Cherry by RezIpsa Loc
- Hair: Pudding in White by LoQ for the Dressing Room
- Top: Zayba cross top in ruby by Zaara (sale)
- Trousers: Trousers in white by fri.day
- Shoes: Knox wedges in Icy Silver by Leverocci for the With Love (again) Hunt
- Earrings: Frozen Pearls by Purple Moon (group gift)
- Bracelet: Pearly Rose Bracelet in Beige by Indie Rose (sale)
- Pose: Olive Juice
- Location: Lake Tahoe Ski Resort
- Viewer: Second Life 3.2.4